[Radio-announce] Streaming ACB of Nebraska's convention this weekend

Larry Turnbull kc8phj at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 19 07:23:54 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Last weekend we enjoyed great convention coverage from the California
Council of the Blind's spring convention!

Great job CCB streaming team!

Now we turn our attention to ACB of Nebraska as they will begin streaming
their convention this evening starting at 7:00 P.M central time.

Tonight Nebraska will hold an ice breaker session where many trivia games
will be played.

For tomorrow coverage will start at 9:00 A.M central.

The theme for this year's convention is transportation.

First we will hear from a commissioner from the public service commission.
This will be followed by questions and answers.

Then Mitch Pomerantz will be talking about quiet cars and other issues.

At 2:00 P.M central ACB of Nebraska will be holding its board meeting.

Saturday evening be sure to tune in for the banquet.

Mitch Pomerantz will be the key note speaker for this year's banquet
The banquet will rap up with a live auction.

On Sunday morning, starting at 9:00 A.M central Jeff Aultman from the
Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired will be talking
about cane travel verses world travel.

The coverage will rap up at noon central.

All of this can be heard on ACB Radio Live Event.

If you have the latest version of the ACB Radio Tuner all you have to do is
click on the Live Event button and the stream will launch.

You can get the tuner by going to http://acbradio.org and click on the
download link.
Once there browse by heading and you will find the ACB Radio Tuner heading
and the download link right under it.

To launch the stream from the website go to http://acbradio.org and click on
the "listen to ACB Radio" link.
Once there browse  by heading until you come to the Live Event heading and
you will find the listen links right under it.
The first link is for those listening with winamp, foobar, or any portable
device.
The second link is for windows media player only.
So if you are using a portable device such as a braille note you would use
the first link.

Also ACB Radio can be found on the OO Tunes app on the I Phone.

Just search for ACB Radio and all of the streams will show up in the search
and all you have to do is mark the entire group as a favorite.

Happy listening

Larry