[Radio-announce] New OCR products, Android accessibility, and More on This week's Main Menu

Chase Crispin chase at acbradio.org
Thu Mar 21 21:23:40 EDT 2013

This week's Main Menu contains a wide variety of content.

First, Steve Bauer presents an interview about a new product called Scan stand which allows you to place your iPhone or Android phone in a stand that will allow you to get the best pictures possible for OCR and object recognition.

David Woodbridge from Vision Australia brings us two demonstrations of Android Accessibility.  First, David introduces us to some newer Android touch screen gestures and then he tells us how to find our screen reader settings and adjust the speech rate.  We have received many requests for coverage of Android and we are very pleased to begin bringing you Android demonstrations.

Chase Crispin brings us a second demonstration of the Braille Plus 18 Android based note taker from the American Printing House for the Blind.  This demonstration focuses on setting the date and time, connecting to wi-fi networks, and accessing notifications on the device.

Main Menu can first be heard on Fridays at 9:00 pm Eastern time. It airs
throughout Saturday on ACB Radio Mainstream.
http://www.acbradio.org
It is also available in the iTunes store, in the iBlink Radio app for IOS
and Android devices, and is available to Radio Reading Services around the
world.

http://mainmenu.acbradio.org/rss.php

Visit the Main Menu website at:
http://mainmenu.acbradio.org

Follow Main Menu on Twitter at:
http://www.twitter.com/mainmenu

Subscribe to a list where you can interact with other Main Menu listeners
and the Main Menu staff by sending a blank email message to:
mm-friends-subscribe at acbradio.org