[Radio-announce] Listening to ACB Radio with the Braille Note Apex

Larry Turnbull larry at acbradio.org
Thu Oct 31 18:48:34 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I have received many emails regarding the problems with listening to ACB
Radio with a Braille Note Apex.

After working with Greg Stilson at Humanware it has been determined that the
media software currently doesn't support the m3u and wax formats.

So I generated pls files for each ACB Radio stream.

Greg went and tested them with the Apex and they work great.

So I have posted the pls files to the ACB Radio website.

When you go to the listen to ACB Radio link on the website, along with the
winamp/foobar and windows media player launch links you will see a link that
says "Listen to ACB Radio Stream Name (broadband) with a portable device.

The stream name will be replaced with the name of the stream you are
interested in listening to.

If you are using a portable device such as a Braille Note, Braille Sense or
any other note taker be sure to choose this link in order for the stream to
work.

If you need any assistance please let me know.

Thanks.

Larry