[Radio-announce] Michigan Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired will be streaming its convention this weekend on ACB Radio Live Event

Larry Turnbull larry at acbradio.org
Thu Sep 12 13:23:57 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Once again we have a weekend packed with coverage on ACB Radio Live Event!

This weekend we will hear from the Michigan Council of the Blind and
Visually Impaired as they hold their convention.

Below is their schedule of events that will be streamed on ACB Radio Event.
Please note all times are in the eastern time zone.

MCBVI Broadcast schedule for 2013
Friday September 13
6:30 Pre coverage begins
7:00. Convention opens with announcements.
National Anthem - Faith Meadows
Invocation - Casey Dutmer
Welcome from Joe Sibley, President
Welcome first timers & who we are - Casey Dutmer, convention chairman
Reading and voting for first resolutions, Malaina Vanderwal
Election information - Karla Fields
Annual auction - Kyle Austin auctioneer

Saturday September 15
Note: Actual program times may vary slightly
9:00am. Morning session:
9:00am Announcements
First reading of resolutions -
9:20 - 10:15 Ed Rodgers, Director of the Bureau of Services for Blind
Persons (BSBP) will update us on the first year of the new agency.
10:15 - 10:45 Sara Conrad, ACB Board of Directors, Past president of ACB
Students, and MCBVI member will talk about issues with students and the ACB
board.
10:45 - 11:00 Break
11:00 - 11:30 En-Vision America, ScripTalk and more
11:30 - 11:45 Scott Norris, Library for the Blind update.
11:45 - 12:00 Ron Anderegg, Michigan Grocery Delivery Service

1:50 Afternoon session
1:50 Explanation of breakouts. There will be 6 breakout sessions going on
simultaneously. We will broadcast 4 sessions, to be determine.
2:00 - 2:25 First session
2:30 - 2:55 Session 2
3:00 - 3:25 Session 3
3:30 - 3:55 Session 4
Available sessions:
Sue flurry- Nutrition a better meal plan for a happier life
Patricia Finton, Devices to make life easier
Betty Roberts, Travelling the world is fun
Donna Posont, What does the Robin have to say to the Woodpecker. tell the
difference in bird songs
Scott Norris, What's in a book
American Cancer Society

6:00pm-7:00. Social hour! Live Entertainment by Tyrone Hamilton..
7:00pm Annual Banquet!
Welcome  - Joe Sibley, president
Invocation - Casey Dutmer
Keynote from Gerry Grossman, the Human Jukebox! Gerry has been keeping
audiences in stitches for decades.

Again the coverage can be heard on ACB Radio Live Event.

To get to the Live Event stream go to http://acbradio.org/live and choose
the link that suits your setup.
If you are using a portable device such as a braille note taker or if you
are using a mack be sure to choose the winamp or foobar link to launch the
stream.

 ACB Radio can also be found on many ios apps such as OO Tunes, I Blink
Radio and Tune in Radio.

Happy listening.

Larry