[Radio-announce] October is packed with affiliate streaming on ACB Radio

Larry Turnbull larry at acbradio.org
Mon Sep 30 10:47:22 EDT 2013

Hi folks:

We have some great affiliate conventions coming up in the month of October.

They will be streaming much of their coverage on ACB Radio Live Event.

The first affiliate that will be streaming their coverage is the
Pennsylvania Council of the Blind.

Their coverage begins on Friday October 4, 2013.

The following is a list of the events that they will be streaming:

Please note all times listed are in the eastern time zone.

Friday, October 4.
6:00 PM until 8:00 PM Opening Session 2013 PCB State Convention & Conference

Saturday, October 5.
Begin 8:30 AM.
8:35 AM salute to flag and invocation
8:45 AM "The State of Advocacy," Advocacy & Governmental Affairs Committee
Chairman George Holliday
9:15 AM Civil Rights 101: An Introduction to State and Federal Laws,
Christie Gilson
10:00 AM Housing 101: Living independently on a limited income, Debbie
Rozear, Community Support Coordinator, Lehigh Valley Center for Independent
Living
10:45 Break
11:05 AM Funding and Purchasing Options for Technology, JuleAnn Lieberman
Technology Access Committee
11:45 - Report on PCB Membership Card, Jule Ann Lieberman, Membership
Committee Chair

2PM to 5PM, we will have replays of Talking Advocacy in Government and PCB
Reports.

5PM to 8PM, break.
8:00 PM Banquet Presentation, Ken Husser
Introduction by John Horst

8:45 PM Awards, Debbie Rozear
9:15 PM Team Trivia, Hosted by Thomas Reid
Sunday, October 6
8:10 AM Necrology report and service
8:35 AM Resolutions Committee report and presentation of Resolutions, Carla
Hayes
9:30 to 11:00 AM Committee reports.
Coverage concludes at 11 AM.

The next affiliate to stream their convention coverage will be the Illinois
Council of the Blind and that will take place from October 11, 2013 through
October 13, 2013.

Then the California Council of the Blind will be streaming their convention
from October 17, 2013 through October 20, 2013.

Stay tune for the list of events that will be streamed from these
affiliates.

Please note:
If your affiliate wishes to stream its coverage on ACB Radio please contact
me at least two months before your convention is scheduled to take place.

That way I can make sure you have that time slot reserved.

Then for promoting purposes I really need to have a list of events that you
will be streaming at least two weeks before your convention is scheduled to
take place.

That way we can publicize your convention coverage as much as possible.

Thanks so much for your understanding in this matter.

I can be reached via email at larry at acbradio.org.

Larry