[Radio-announce] Midwest Leadership to be Streamed on ACBRadio Live Event this weekend

Larry Turnbull larry at acbradio.org
Wed Feb 26 00:42:59 EST 2014

Hello all,
As mentioned in the previous email the ACB Presidents' Meeting and the
Legislative Seminar was enjoyed by all!

The next event to be streamed is the Midwest Leadership Conference and it
has a baseball theme to it.

You will see what I mean as you read the agenda which is below.

The states participating in this conference are Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota,
Missouri and Nebraska.

The conference will be streamed on Saturday only.

Please note all times listed are in the central time zone.

8:30am	Regency E
Presenter, Ray Campbell, Secretary, American Council of the Blind
Step up to the plate and Prepare to take your turn at bat.  Don't worry.
Everyone will get a hit on the first pitch as we throw it right down the
middle with the day's activities.

Who's on First?  Those beginning their Leadership Journey

8:55am	Sara Conrad, Presenter, Board Member, American Council of the Blind

9:00am	Effective Meetings, Frank Strong, President, Iowa Council of the
United Blind
What does it take to get all of your Players you want to lead on the Same
Page?  The message includes discussion of Meeting Planning, Parliamentary
Procedure, Conflict Resolution and protocol on how to handle Confidential
Information.

9:45am	Membership Recruitment and Retention, Katie Frederick, ACB Ohio
Executive Director and Gretchen Maune, MCB Member
The discussion will include recruiting members of all ages.  How social
media can help ACB Affiliates and other organizations recruit younger
members and chapter organization.  How do we keep these people once we have
their interest?

10:45am	Comfort Break

So you hit a double on the first pitch!

9:00am	Tips to help ACB Chapters and Affiliates Organize Community
Activities, Ray Campbell, Glen Ellyn, IL
Discussions will include how to organize a major activity.

9:45am	Getting Members Involved in Legislative Advocacy and why that is
Important, Chris Gray, Executive Director, Missouri Council of the Blind and
Ray Campbell

10:15am	Manning Employees, Dan Sippl, RSVA President and Wisconsin Vendor
Dam will discuss Managing Employees, Especially well for those Affiliates
who have Personnel.

Now, we've all made it to Second Base!

11:00am	Fundraising, Jim Jirak,  Omaha, NE and Ray Campbell, Chicago, IL
Why it is Important and ideas on how to get Members to Want to get Involved

11:30am	Tooting our own horn - Publicizing what we do With Pride, Bill
Jureck, Director Chicago land Radio Information Service (CRIS)
 How do we publicize what we do, and what Avenues can and should we be
using.

Moving on to Third Base!

1:15pm	Regency E
Group Activity Assignments

1:30pm	Teams go to a Quiet Area to Work on Assigned Project

3:00pm	Comfort Break

3:15pm	Teams Report out with Discussion

4:45pm	Each Participant chooses an "Accountability partner"

5:00pm	Closing Remarks

7:30pm	Midwest Leadership Banquet
Emcee:	Chris Gray, St. Louis, MO
Invocation:  Sara Conrad, Student at Calvin College
		Guest Speaker:  Bill Jureck, Director of Chicagoland Radio
Information Service
		Recounting his Story, the Challenges he faced and how the
Lessons he learned can be used to Develop Leadership Skills.

You can listen to the coverage by going to http://acbradio.org/live.  or by
dialing 231-460-1047 on any telephone.

The coverage just keeps coming on ACBRadio.

Happy listening.

Larry