[Radio-announce] Journey into Jazz is Live Today

Christopher Gray chris at moblind.org
Mon Jan 6 17:13:07 EST 2014

Hi Everybody:

At 6:00 PlM. Eastern 3:00 P.M. Pacific, join us for a live edition of Journey
into Jazz.  We'll be taking your calls and hearing some great jazz for two
hours.

The show today begins with a listener request, Frank French's Belle of
Louisville.  Frank French is a modern ragtime composer, playing out of San
Francisco.  Then we'll feature other groups from that era including Bix
Beiderbecke and Coleman Hawkins.  During the second hour we'll progress to 1960
and 2000 for some other great pianists.

We might have warmed up to 0 by then, but I'm not holding my breath at this
point.  I'll provide an update about our weather and invite calls from others
around the midwest in particular to tell folks how things are going for you. Oh
and did I hear there is snow in the northeast, >smile>.

To listen, go to acbradio.org/interactive. Choose Listen and then choose the
player you wish to use.  Look forward to seeing you there.

Chris and Don

Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind
5453 Chippewa Street
St. Louis, MO 63109
(314) 832-7172
http://www.moblind.org

Like Jazz?  Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into A Journey into Jazz with the ACB Radio Jazz Guys, Chris and Don
Listen live each Monday at 6:00 P.M. Eastern, 3:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us at http://www.acbradio.org/interactive
Don't have a computer?  You can now listen to ACB Radio on the phone by calling (231) 460-1047.