[Radio-announce] A real fast version of Anything and Everything is coming tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern on ACB Radio Interactive.

Kevin Minor kminor65 at outlook.com
Sat May 24 11:48:34 EDT 2014

Hey there folks.

First, for those of you in the U.S., happy Memorial Day.  I hope the
unofficial beginning of Summer goes well for you.

Now, you may ask, why am I saying this week's Anything and Everything is
really fast?  Well, honestly it's not.  You'll hear all those great tunes
from the late 1920's through today.  However, each Memorial Day weekend has
not one, but two races on it.  The first is, of course, the Indianapolis
500.  I don't have a song about that specific form of auto racing, but I'll
see what I can come up with for it.  The second race of the day, on the
other hand, I definitely have a song for.  It's not the race, but it's the
organization.  This race is held in Concord, NC, at the Charlotte Motor
Speedway, and it's run starting around 6 p.m.  It lasts for 600 miles, and
if I remember, both races will be rain free.  I will be playing a tribute to
this race in Charlotte, so stay tuned for that.

In addition to all that speed, noise and fumes, I'll tell you the weather
for Lexington, Kentucky, mention some local sports, and there's also the
Bullwinkle joke of the week.  Of course your requests are always welcome.

To tune into the show, you can point your computer or smart phone or tablet

http://acbradio.org

and hit the interactive link.  There's also the ACB Radio tuner that you can
download from the above address.  You can also use apps like iBlink Radio
and Ootunes on your smart phone or tablet.  If you're feeling in a nostalgic
mood and want to use an old fashioned phone, just call 231-460-1047 and
choose the Interactive option.  Keep in mind that data or long distance
rates may apply.

See you tonight for a great Anything and Everything, starting at 9 p.m.
Eastern, 6 p.m. Pacific, for three hours on ACB Radio Interactive!

GO PACERS and GO REDS!

Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY

kevin at acbradio.org