[Radio-announce] This Sunday On ACB Radio

Denny Huff denny at gatewayfortheblind.com
Fri Oct 10 09:08:35 EDT 2014

This Sunday on Encouragement for the Journey we will be featuring the Booth
Brothers, 1990-present.

The group was originally formed in 1957 and were based in Detroit, Mi., and
consisted of brothers Ron, Charles, James, and Wallace.

They functioned as a regional group until 1963 when Ron left the group to
sing with the Toney Brothers.

Ron also sang with the Rebels, The Thrasher Brothers, and The Stamps.

The group name was revived in 1990 when Ron Booth and his sons, Michael, and
Ronnie, formed a trio.

Over the next few years, the group would come to be known for their
infectious energy on stage. The elder Ron Booth retired and was replaced in
1998 by former

Perfect Heart member, Joseph Smith.

Singer/songwriter, Jim Brady, took over Joseph Smith's place in 2002, after
Smith joined the Mark Trammell Trio.

On August 24, 2014, the Booth Brothers announced that Jim Brady would be
leaving the group at the end of the year in order to form a new group with
his wife, Melissa Brady.

The Booth Brothers have won numerous Singing News Fan Awards, favorite group
of the year, 2007, favorite song of the year, 2006-2012, and Artist of the
year, 2008-2013, favorite trio, 2008-2013, album of the year, 2008-2010.

In addition, they have won several awards from the National Quartet
Convention, Male Group of the Year, 2013.

You can catch most of the popular songs by the Booth Brothers by tuning into
ACB Radio Interactive at 8:00 EST this Sunday morning.

http://acbradio.org/sites/default/files/streams/interactive-broadband.pls

Ph. 1-231-460-1047 followed by the #4

Archived at: HTTP://Encouragement.PodHoster.Com

Playlist follows below:

01. Kingsmen - My Lord is able

02. Inspirations - He broke the chains

03. Mark Trammell Quartet - I'll take it to the grave

04. Relations Quartet - I'm on a mission

05. Booth Brothers - Feelin' fine

06. Booth Brothers - Welcome to the family

07. Booth Brothers - I see grace

08. Primitive Quartet - Can't hardly wait

09. Roy Clark and the Smokey Mountain Jubilee Choir - I saw the light

10. Roger Neal - After calvary

11. Roger Neal - Holy ground

12. Ricky Van Shelton - I saw a man

13. Booth Brothers - I just feel like something good is about to happen

14. Booth Brothers - The blind man, he saw it all

15. Booth Brothers - Thank Him for the miracle

16. Palmetto State Quartet - When it pours God reigns

17. Dove Brothers - It's a waiting for me

18. Vintage Gospel Lads - Temporary home

19. Jeff and Sheri Easter - Praise His name

20. Josh Turner - The answer

21. Booth Brothers, Greater Vision, Legacy Five - When I wake up

22. Booth Brothers - Love is in the room

23. Booth Brothers - Tears are a language

24. Phil Cross and Poet Voices - Saved to the uttermost

25. The Q - It's time to sing

26. The Goulds - Bigger than any mountain

27. Kingdom Heirs - I've got something to shout about

28. Ivan Parker - Higher ground

29. Booth Brothers - This love is mine

30. Booth Brothers -www I played in the band and sang in the choir

31. Booth Brothers - Still feelin' fine