[Radio-announce] Pennsylvania streams its convention this weekend and you can play along!

Larry Turnbull larry at acbradio.org
Tue Oct 14 11:45:37 EDT 2014

Hi all,

We have had great coverages from Michigan and Illinois.
They have been enjoyed by all.

Now its time to turn our attention to the Pennsylvania Council of the Blind
as they will be streaming their convention from October 16 through October
18.

On Saturday evening they will be having their trivia night and you can play
along even if you are not there in person.

If you want to catch the action in Pennsylvania then head over to
http://acbradio.org/live.
Don't have access to a computer?
If you don't have access to a computer no problem!
You can listen via the telephone by dialing 231-460-1047 and select option 6
for the Live Event Stream.
Please note long distance charges may apply.

Below is the posting on the PCB website and the schedule of events.

Please note all times listed are in the eastern time zone.

Play Team Trivia
That's right, you too can play at home. Immediately following the Saturday
banquet and Awards Presentation on October 18, 2014 at 8:30 we will once
again have an exciting and entertaining time with Team Trivia.
Team trivia is played with groups of 5, but you can go it alone or with your
loved ones, roommates or invite some friends over and play as a team. Just
one rule.No Using Google!
Here's how you play:
Tune into the stream
<http://acbradio.org/sites/default/files/streams/levent-broadband.pls.>  on
Saturday October 18, 2014 beginning at 8:30
After each round, email your answers to: convention at pcb1.org.
Include the following in the subject: Trivia, Team Name Round Number (1
through 5)
Who will score highest, in person players or the virtual?
Include your Twitter handle for a Tweet Shout Out! We'll even mention the
virtual winners here in our post-Convention Blast. If that's not enough,
we're bringing back Rapid Fire Name That Tune in between rounds, plus some
new games to make in between rounds just as entertaining as the main event.
Set your calendars it's going to be a blast!
Stream Schedule
Thursday October 16, 2014
7:15 PM - 9:00 PM General Session, Crown Ballroom
Welcome: PCB President Tony Swartz
7:20 PM President's Report
7:25 PM Report from Executive Director, John Horst
7:30 PM Leadership Is for Every day, Sue Lichtenfels
8:00 PM Chapter Reports, Joe Fagnani
8:30 PM Resolutions & Bylaws - First Reading, Carla Hayes Resolution
Committee Chair, Rose Martin Bylaws Committee Chair
8:45 PM Announcements, Rose Martin
8:55 PM Door Prize, Lizzy Mohammed

Friday October 17, 2014

2:30 PM - 4:35 PM General Session, Crown Ballroom
2:30 PM Nominating Committee & Candidate's Forum, George Holliday
3:00 PM Resolving Advocacy-Related Conflicts
Michael Gravitt, guiding Eyes for the Blind
3:45 PM Home Guide Dog Training, Another Option
Eric Loori, Cofounder, Executive Director and Special Needs Guide Dog
Mobility Instructor (GDMI) for Freedom Guide Dogs for the Blind
4:25 PM Announcements
4:35 PM Door Prizes
5:00 PM The braille and accessible formats committee presents, UEB Braille
Code Modifications, Crown Ballroom

Saturday October 18, 2014
8:35 AM salute to flag and invocation
8:45 AM "The State of Advocacy," Advocacy & Governmental Affairs Committee
Chairman George Holliday
9:15 AM The Education & Employment Committee presents, College Life: The
Challenges & Changes.
10:15 AM Break
10:30 AM Content: A Strategy for Our Web Presence and More
Presented by Susan Lichtenfels and Thomas Reid
11:00 AM Don Ciccone, Manager of Operations of the Carnegie Library of
Pittsburgh's Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Break for Lunch -Stream resumes @ 2 PM
2:00 Committee Reports
Facilitator, Tony Swartz
2:45 PM Treasurer's Report - Michael Zaken
3:15 PM Elections
A. Resolution
B. By-laws
C. Board Members
4:25 PM Door Prize
4:30 PM General Session Closes Stream Ends
8:30 PM - 10:00 PM Team Trivia Challenge Host, Marlett & Thomas Reid

Happy listening!
Larry