[Radio-announce] Fall Affiliate Convention Streaming

Larry Turnbull larry at acbradio.org
Tue Sep 23 13:21:54 EDT 2014

Hi all,

With fall upon us many affiliates are getting ready to have their fall
conventions.

And many of then will be streaming on ACBRadio Live Event this year!

Starting this weekend  ACBRadio is pleased to bring you coverage from the
Michigan Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired.

Their coverage will begin on Thursday evening September 25, 2014 and go
through Saturday September 27, 2014.

Below is their streaming schedule.

Please note all times listed are in the eastern time zone.

Michigan Council of the Blind and Visually Impaired
41st Annual Convention
"Living Without Limits"

Welcoming Kim Charlson, president of the American Council of the Blind!

Four Points by Sheraton
Kalamazoo, Michigan

Broadcast Schedule

Thursday September 25:
7:00-10:00pm Out of Sight Night! We open the convention with  a party
featuring the great band Beyond Sight that includes two members who are
blind! Tune in and enjoy some great entertainment!

Friday September 26:
7:00 convention opens with announcements.
National Anthem - Deadra Davis
Invocation - Casey Dutmer
Welcome to Kalamazoo, vice mayor Bill Davis
Welcome from Joe Sibley, President
Welcome first timers & a tribute to MCBVI in my life - Casey Dutmer,
convention chairman
First reading of bylaw changes.
Election committee - Karla Fields
Annual auction - Kyle Austin auctioneer

Saturday September 27:
Note: Actual program times may vary slightly
9:00am Academy Ballroom, Morning session:
9:00am Announcements
Reading and voting  on resolutions - Malaina Vanderwal
9:45-10:15 Kim Charlson ACB President, Living Without Limits from the ACB
perspective.
10:15 - 10:30 Break
10:30-11:00 Lisa Kisiel, director of the BSBP training center, preparing for
life without limits.
11:00-11:45 Panel, Past, present, and Future
-	Casey Dutmer, limits in the past for the organized blind
-	 Donna Rose, the ADA and how it changed our limits.
-	 Yolanda Wiers, Perspective from a new member.
11:45-12:15 Western Michigan University research projects upcoming including
bio mechanical canes, winter travel, and accessible prescription devices,
presenters to be announced.
Afternoon session:
2:00- 2:55 Panel 2, discussing services and advances in life:
-	William Drain, Midwest Services for the Blind
-	 Marla Newbaum, BSBP Staff
-	 Deadra Davis, mother and WMU student
-	John Boes, Retired from BSBP
-	Linda Brown, Retired - General Motors
3:00 - 4:00 Breakouts:
-	Jeremy Schaeffer, Kalamazoo Public Safety Officer, safety at home
and in the community
-	 Kim Charlson, advocating for audio description in movie theatres,
playhouses, and on TV.
-	, Pat Finton, BSBP, Personal grooming and devices for success.
		Saturday evening:
6:00pm-7:00Academy Ballroom. Social hour! Entertainment by Tyrone Hamilton.
7:00pm Annual Banquet!
Welcome  - Joe Sibley, president
Invocation - Casey Dutmer
Dinner
Keynote from Kim Charlson, president of the American Council of the Blind!

There are a couple of ways you can listen to this year's coverage:
You can listen via your computer or audio device by going to
http://acbradio.org/live.

Or you can listen via the phone by dialing 231-460-1047 and selecting option
6 for the live event stream.

Please note that long distance charges may apply.

This is the first convention of many to come.

Starting on October 3 and going through October 5 ACBRadio will bring you
coverage from the Illinois Council of the Blind.

Stay tune for the streaming schedule and more details as we get closer to
that weekend.

Happy listening!

Larry