[Radio-announce] Here's a Christmas gift from me to you on ACB Radio Interactive.

Kevin Minor kminor65 at outlook.com
Tue Dec 22 11:35:36 EST 2015

Hi all out there in internet land.

In the past, I've done internet broadcasts on ACB Radio Interactive on Christmas.  This has been a few years ago, since I usually am at my Brother's.  This year, however, I got the go ahead from him to bring my gear to his house and do a show.  It will be on ACB Radio Interactive, Christmas Morning local time.  I'll be on for four hours, starting at 5 a.m. Eastern U.S. time, 2 a.m. Pacific.  For those of you outside the U.S., it will be starting at 10:00 GMT, or as it's now called, UTC, so if you can figure out when that relates to your time, you can tune in then.

For those of you who aren't familiar with my show, I'm on every Saturday night Eastern U.S. time on ACB Radio Interactive.  My show is called Anything and Everything, and, among other things that I do, I play audio recordings from the early days of the gramophone to music of today, tell you the weather for where I'm located, mention some local sports, have some sort of guessing game to either identify a song, or general trivia, and I tell a joke almost guaranteed to make you groan.  My Christmas show will be different.  On this broadcast I will let you know if we have a white Christmas, but that's pretty much the only thing that will be similar to my normal show.  On the Christmas broadcast I'll play only Christmas music, talk about my memories of the season, let you know of what's happening this year, and I may be able to get my Brother and his family on the air.  Also, and this is something I'm excited about, the show will be happening when we're opening presents.  I don't know if my microphone will be sensitive enough to pick up the whole room, but I'll try to let you hear the fun we're having.

I take emails during the show.  Send me Christmas requests.  I have a library of over 1,500 tracks, so I may have something you request, or if not, I'll see if I have something similar.  If you don't want to request anything, that's fine.  Let me know what's going on where you are, tell me what you got or would like to get if you haven't opened presents, tell me the food you're having, mention some memories of the season, or, if nothing else, just send a note saying hi.  If you send an email to me, I'll mention you on the air.  Email me at

and I'll get it.

To tune into the show, you have several options.  You can point your browser to

http://acbradio.org/interactive

and listen that way.  If you have an iOs device, you can get the ACB Link app.  In the app, select the radio option, then Interactive, and listen in.  Also, if you have a Windows PC, download the ACB Radio tuner, which will give you a convenient way to hear, not only Interactive, but also all the other ACB Radio streams.  Get it from

http://acbradio.org

and select the download link.

Catch you on ACB Radio Interactive on Christmas, starting at 5 a.m. Eastern, 2 a.m. Pacific, for four hours of holiday fun.  Oh yeah, there are other shows on Interactive on this day, so stay tuned to hear them.

Merry Christmas!

Kevin Minor, Lexington, KY
kevin at acbradio.org