[Radio-announce] Speaking Out for the Blind- Request for Questions- Evan Barnard

mccallen3 at comcast.net mccallen3 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 19 17:44:17 EDT 2015

Hello Speaking Out for the Blind listeners,

I will be interviewing high school student and Braille Trail builder Evan Barnard on March 23rd.

Business Wire reports that high school student Evan Barnard has won a 2015 Prudential Spirit of Community Award and received the Volunteer Service Gold Award from President Obama. Johns Creek Patch and the Georgia Council of the Blind recognize Evan for his work on restoring and completing two major Georgia Braille nature trails. The trails are the Marshall Forest Big Pine Braille Trail in Rome, Georgia and the Whispering Woods Braille Trail in Buford, Georgia.

Evan joins us to talk about his accomplishments and how the new trails are helping the blind enjoy the great outdoors.

I welcome any questions that you may have for this guest, and I’ll read most, if not all of them on the air.

Just reply to this message with the question, your name, and where you’re from.

Deadline for submitting questions is Monday March 23rd at 6AM Pacific Time.

Thank you.

Brian McCallen

Speaking Out for the Blind Producer and Host

ACB Radio Mainstream