[Radio-announce] Archive of 2015 National Braille Press Gala now available at http://acbradio.org/nbp

Rick E Morin rick.morin at comcast.net
Fri Nov 13 08:30:35 EST 2015

Hi friends,

Last night's National Braille Press Gala that was broadcast on ACB Radio was
truly very special. If you were unable to listen live, the archive is now
available at http://acbradio.org/nbp.

Special thanks to Larry Turnbull for making the archive available so quickly
and for his expert technical support throughout this process. Also  special
thanks to Debbie Hazelton and Jeff Bishop for their support in promoting the
event, including through our new iOS app, ACB Link.

Highlights of the event include awards to 14 year old Connor McLeod of
Sydney Australia introduced by Kim Charlson for his success with convincing
the Australian Reserve to add tactile markings to their paper currency, and
Marty Walsh, the mayor of the City of Boston. The extremely talented
Precious Perez who studies at the New England Conservatory of Music opened
the proceedings with her rendition of the song We are Young, called We Need
Braille. Erik Weihenmayer delivered a riveting and inspiring keynote address
about his kayaking expeditions in the Grand Canyon and his No Barriers
Outreach programs. Pre-recorded interviews were aired with key NBP staff
including NBP's President Brian MacDonald. And the evening was topped off
with nationally known stand-up comic Gary Gulman. Once you listen to Gary
you will realize that life is a bowl of grapes. And your ACB radio Hosts for
the evening were Rick Morin and Brian Charlson.

Enjoy the archive. It is worth your time!

Rick and Brian