[Radio-announce] Another replay from one of our favorites this week on Main Menu for January 1, 2016

Jason Castonguay jcast77 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 18:31:18 EST 2016

Hello everyone!

Due to the New Year holiday, this Main Menu episode is a replay from one of our favorites.

There’s an echo in the room — and Amazon Echo, that is. You’ll be hearing all about it on this week’s show. Our past guest, Lynne Tatum, suggested we cover it on an upcoming show. Thanks, Lynne, for the great idea.

Randy and I begin by describing the unit. We then go into talking about setting up the unit, followed by highlights of the many things you can do with the Echo, AKA Alexa. News, weather, music, entertainment, facts, not to mention timers and alarms or controlling Internet-connected household appliances — there’s so much one can accomplish. And the list continues to grow as Amazon and third parties constantly add new features.

Afterward, we give listeners a look at the companion iOS app.

Happy New Year to all and thank you for listening!

--
Jason Castonguay <jcast77 at gmail.com>