[Radio-announce] This week on Main Menu for January 15, 2016

Jason Castonguay jcast77 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:57:07 EST 2016

Hey there, everyone!

Our first guest on this week’s show is Lisa Salinger. It ended up being more of a conversation than an interview and it was such a lovely one at that. Due to its length, we split it into two parts. You’ll hear part one this week followed by part two next week.  We start by discussing the TWBlue Twitter client <http://twblue.es/> for Windows, but the conversation quickly leads to many other topics including Twitter in general, as well as Lisa’s experience with Windows 10. We move on and talk about Keystroke <http://www.cfb.state.nm.us/apps>, a cross-platform, accessible typing tutor put out by the New Mexico Commission for the Blind <http://www.cfb.state.nm.us/>. Finally, we discuss the successes and frustrations of accessibility and the advantages of having more than one screen reading solution. Other topics are waiting in Part Two.

Our next guest is Jenine Stanley, from whom we heard last week. This time, she is going to demonstrate the Google ChromeCast Audio <https://www.google.com/chromecast/speakers/>, a device which streams audio from other devices to your speakers.

Tune in tonight at 9PM Eastern on ACB Radio Mainstream <http://www.acbradio.org/mainstream> or by using the ACB Link iOS app <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acb-link/id1023962546?mt=8>. You can also tune in by phone:

(605) 475-8130

Thanks for being with us and enjoy tonight’s program!

--
Jason Castonguay <jcast77 at gmail.com>