[Radio-announce] tribute to David Bowie take 2

Mike Bernard mbern6516 at aol.com
Wed Jan 20 09:36:04 EST 2016

Greetings listeners!

Not sure what the heck happened lastweek, but I've done some tinkering, and
re-organization of my playlist, so things should go much smoother this time
around. Join me, Mike B, and special guest side kick DJ Song sparrow, for a
very special edition of The Best Of Yesterday and Today, take two! As I told
you lastweek,  on January 10th sometime late in the evening hours Eastern
time last Sunday night, singer/song writer David Bowie died of liver cancer
at age 69 in Manhattan New York. According to reporters he died peacefully
while surrounded by his family and friends. Tonight, with the help of my
special guest dj, we'll be taking you on a tour of David's career,
discussing his accomplishments in the music business, his family life, his
education, and of course play his music. We'll cover most of his hits
ranging from the 1970s to the present, in the form of a top 30 count down.
Normally I don't play multiple songs by the same singer back to back, well
at least not throughout the entire show, and technically we're not really
supposed to do this, but this is a special (tribute), focusing on one
particular singer. No rule breaking is intended. David has many more songs,
but to play his entire catalog of hits would be way too much. I know I'm
kind of pushing the limmits with the multiple songs by the same singer, but
this is a one time special. So join us tonight from 7 to 9 pm Eastern, 6
central,  5 mountain, and 4 pacific, for a special tribute to the legendary
David Bowie on The Best Of Yesterday and Today. We'll see ya tonight.

Mike

Do you love classic rock? Would you like to shake your groove with 80s new
wave and 90s hiphop? If so, check out my show every Wednesday night from 7
to 9 pm on ACB Radio Interactive at

www.acbradio.org/interactive