[Radio-announce] It's health and a little more on Main Menu tonight, the 4th of March, 2016

Jason Castonguay jcast77 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 16:47:51 EST 2016

Hello everyone!

We have health-related apps and accessories to show you on this week’s show, but don’t worry, it’s not hard core fitness. Furthermore, if you want more than apps to help with blood pressure and weight, we have an extra bit of tech to keep you engaged.

First, we interview Christopher Toth of Accessible Apps <http://www.getaccessibleapps.com/>. He tells us about and demos a new service he is launching called CAPTCHA be Gone <http://www.captchabegone.com/>. Doesn’t the name alone sound like music to your ears? You will also hear about what other services he offers.

Next, my good friend, Scott Marshall, joins us to discuss the QardioArm <https://www.getqardio.com/qardioarm-blood-pressure-monitor-iphone-android/> app and blood pressure monitor accessory for iOS and Android devices. He’ll be providing a brief demo using his iPhone.

Following that, Allison Hartley of the Tech Doctor Blog and Podcast <http://www.dr-carter.com/> is with us to tell us about the Beets Blue Bluetooth Smart Scale <http://beetsblu.com/scales.html>. This, too, is an accessory for an iOS or Android device and works in conjunction with the Beets Blue app. Not only does it measure one’s weight, but also muscle mass and body mass index.

If you have any feedback or suggestions, please send us an e-mail <mailto:mainmenu at acbradio.org>. Main Menu airs every Friday evening beginning at 9 Eastern, repeating every four hours until 5PM Eastern on Saturday. Catch it using your web browser by going to ACB Radio Mainstream <http://acbradio.org/mainstream> or by using the ACB Link iOS app <https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acb-link/id1023962546?mt=8>. You can also receive Main Menu as a podcast by clicking this link <http://mainmenu.acbradio.org/rss.xml>. Good old traditional phone service will do, too. Call (605) 475-8130.

Thank you for listening and enjoy the show!

--
Jason Castonguay <jcast77 at gmail.com>