[Radio-announce] Birth of the MTV Generation on Rick's Picks today on ACB Radio Interactive from 11 AM to 2 PM Eastern

Rick E Morin rick.morin at comcast.net
Wed Aug 30 09:13:48 EDT 2017

Hi friends,

MTV premiered on August 1, 1981 at 12:01 AM. MTV launched the careers of
several well-known movie producers as well as many mega-stars in Pop Music.
It's roots were initially rock and roll and it evolved to other pop genres
--- had it not been for MTV, there might not have been Michael Jackson's
Thriller.

I thought it would be fun to go back to the very first day MTV was on cable
and play the songs that they featured with rather unsophisticated music
videos - I will also sneak in the soundtrack from the Thriller video along
with a few other surprises.

My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by Hurricane
Harvey.

Please join me today for Rick's Picks on ACB Radio Interactive from 11 AM to
2 PM Eastern at http://acbradio.org/interactive. You can listen via the
incredible iOs app ACB Link available free through the App Store. You may
also listen via telephone at 605-475-8130.

And now if you can't listen live, you can listen On-Demand at
http://acbradio.org/rpicks

You are welcome to reach me during the show via text at 617-633-7947 or via
email.

Enjoy the music and here is to a great hump day!

Rick Morin

ACB Radio Interactive

Rick's Picks every Wednesday from 11 AM to 2 PM Eastern