[Radio-announce] Speaking Out for the Blind important announcement

Speaking Out for the Blind speakout at acbradio.org
Wed Feb 8 18:08:52 CET 2017

Hello/Speaking Out for the Blind /listeners,
I've been asked by the LightHouse for the Blind in San Francisco's Max
Levenson to post the following announcement about the Holman Prize. This
is now on the speakingoutfortheblind.weebly.com page under LIST OF
EPISODES AND SHOW NEWS. This will be discussed more on next week's show.
Thank you.
Brian McCallen
/Speaking Out for the Blind /Producer and Host

Dear Brian,
Hi there! I'm Max, and I'm working for LightHouse for the Blind in San
Francisco on a new project called the *Holman Prize​*​. I wanted to make
sure that the prize is on your radar; I imagine there may be some folks
in your audience who would be interested in applying!

The Holman Prize offers three blind individuals anywhere in the world up
to $25,000 to fulfill a dream; it could be the chance to travel to new
places, master a skill or get a project off the ground. The first step
of the process is for candidates to submit a 90 second video explaining
what they would do with ​the prize money. You can check out all of our
candidates' videos on our *YouTube playlist​*
<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBgTkRMP5uaz784GjDzUKRvog4TSpAwPA>,
and learn more about the application process on our *website​*
<http://www.holmanprize.org/>.

I'm happy to chat with you more about this; certainly let me know if you
have any further questions about the prize.

Thanks kindly for your time,

Max Levenson
Holman Fellow
415-694-7619​

ps We are hosting a live Q&A about the prize on our Facebook page next
Wednesday. You can read more about it on the *event page*
<https://www.facebook.com/events/249126162198058/>*!*