[Radio-announce] A special Eclectic 80's, remembering the week of July 20, 1985.

Kevin Minor kminor65 at outlook.com
Tue Jul 11 10:28:26 EDT 2017

Hey there dudes and dudettes!

I know, you might wonder why I'm playing music from a week ahead.  Well, on July 14, 1985, I met one of the best friends I've ever known.  He wasn't very tall, and he was skinny, and he HATED it when we were apart, but overall he was great, helping me out when I needed it.  Oh yeah, this friend had lots of hair, and was notorious at sniffing people's butts.  My friend was a Black Lab Seeing Eye doggie named Deke.  Amazingly, he's 34 years old, and doing quite well, if you count waiting by the rainbow bridge for me to show up.  I officially got him on Sunday, July 14, 1985.  I decided to do a chart for the week I got him, but the week would have technically been July 20 of that year, so I put the music of that week in the system.  You'll get to hear the top 30 songs of that week, or as many of those as I can play.  I hope you enjoy it.

Now for the more generic explanation of the show.  My show is known as the Eclectic 80's.  Basically, if it was out in the 80's, and you could hear it on the radio, I probably have the tune and I'll play it.  However, the show isn't limited to radio tunes.  If you would like to hear a good album track, I have a lot of those as well.  Requests are always welcome.  Send them to

and if I have your request and it's airable, I'll play it.

To hear all the fun of the show, point your browser of choice to

http://acbradio.org/interactive

and tune in.

Now, I have a request for you listeners, and it ties into what I'm doing today.  This show honors the memory of my first Seeing Eye doggie.  It occurred to me that you great listeners out there might have similar memories of music in the 80's, or maybe you remember something that happened in the 80's, and you're curious about what was popular at the time.  It might be when you got married (lucky dudes), a Birthday, when you got your first car, or something similar.  Whatever it is, send me the year and time of year it happened, and I'll delve into the charts to find songs to play.  Also, let me know if you'd like a countdown, like I'm doing, or just want a blend of what was popular at the time.  Send those ideas to

and I'll get material ready.

Look forward to your thoughts, and hope lots of you will tune in today for the fun.

kevin at acbradio.org