[Radio-announce] [leadership] Server Maintenance tonight

Debbie Hazelton iam at debbiehazelton.com
Mon Mar 13 12:48:46 EDT 2017

Thanks for all of your hard work Larry.

Deb

From: Larry Turnbull via leadership [mailto:leadership at acblists.org]
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 11:47 AM
To: leadership at acblists.org; acb-l at acblists.org; 'ACBRadio Friends List'; radio-announce at acbradio.org
Subject: [leadership] Server Maintenance tonight

Hi all:

Over the weekend the server provider did a kernel upgrade across all of its platforms.

Unfortunately this caused some issues on one of our servers.

So tonight I am going to perform a kernel patch on this server to fix the issues that came up.

In order to do this I will have to power the server down.

This will affect the following services:

ACBRadio including streams, website and mailman lists.

All ACB lists at acblists.org

Iceb.org and brailleauthority.org

And the ACB Mini Mall.

The outage should last about 1 hour while I fix the server and bring the services back up.

I will begin working on this around 9:00 PM eastern time.

Sorry for the inconvenience this will cause but it is unavoidable as it is affecting the opvenvpn connection for the DC staff.

Thanks for your patience.

Larry

  <http://mandrillapp.com/track/open.php?u=30489975&id=24413a13b214419480ac722c331d4054>