[Radio-announce] Speaking Out for the Blind Internet-Only announcement

Speaking Out for the Blind speakout at acbradio.org
Tue Mar 14 10:46:39 EDT 2017

Hi Speaking Out for the Blind listeners,

Former guest Laurie Rubin has asked me to share with you all the
following message. It will also posted on
speakingoutfortheblind.weebly.com. Just click on List of Episodes and
Show News.

Hi Brian!

How are you?  The reason I’m writing to you is that thanks to you, I
found out about an opportunity to apply for the Holman Prize for Blind
Ambition, a $25,000 award given to a blind person from anywhere in the
world to get his or her dream project off the ground.  The first step of
the application process is to create a 90 second pitch video on Youtube
which describes our ideas in a nutshell for how we would use the money
if we won.  Then, we are asked to share it with our networks because the
video that has the most likes on Youtube will automatically be reserved
a place in the final round.

I am wondering if you would please watch the video and hit the like
button on Youtube.  You can also feel free to share this with your
networks as well.  When I was a junior in college, I had a bit of a soul
searching moment in which I felt that music in itself wasn’t enough to
fulfill me because I didn’t know if it would help me give back and
contribute to the community the way I really wanted to.  This project
would fulfill my passion for music, and my other, equally near and dear
passion to help youth who are going through many of the harrowing
experiences I went through in middle school which in many cases, has
devastating results.  Here is the pitch video with more details.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezdv6LIkqjs

Thank you so much for your support.  The deadline to get likes on
youtube is the 15th, so we have one more full day to spread the news
like wild fire, and get people to press the like button and to share
this video!  I hope that this is the catalyst for putting us back in
touch as I’d love to hear about your latest news!  Take good care and
talk soon.

Best,
Laurie Rubin