[Radio-announce] First show of 2018 is a great one!

Legendary Insights ACB legendaryinsights at acbradio.org
Thu Feb 1 14:59:53 EST 2018

Hi all!

On Thursday, February 1st at 8 PM Eastern time, 5 PM Pacific, you’ll be able to catch the first Legendary Insights radio show of 2018. The program has been airing on ACB Radio for just short of two years, and as the show host, I work hard to post informative programs and offer relevant topics, as sometimes suggested by my listeners. For this next show, I’m launching a short series of programs on financial literacy.

Before you stop and think, “why would this interest me? I have no money to be literate about,” hang on for a minute. You’ll want to hear this show.

Like many of you, I noted with mild interest the announcement a couple of years ago about a new savings/investment vehicle for people with disabilities called an “Able Account.” I then proceeded to ignore it completely, figuring I either did not qualify, or that this info would not apply to me for whatever reason. I must also admit that the name alone made me cringe. However, ignoring the information about these Able Accounts was a mistake. You might want to take a closer look as well. Here’s why:

My guest on Legendary Insights this week is Jonathan Simeone. Jonathan graduated from Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts, and has been licensed to practice law in Massachusetts since 2005. Professionally, he has worked in politics and disability law. And he knows a great deal about Able Accounts.

After talking with Jonathan, I realized I needed to learn more about how having an Able Account can benefit people who are disabled, and I’m now convinced this program will benefit just about anyone who qualifies. To qualify, you need only to have been considered disabled prior to age 26. However, you are not required to show proof of your disability to sign up.

I encourage everyone who has a disability, or who has a child with a disability, to listen to the show. Jonathan and I chatted for so long, I wasn’t able to fit all the great content into one half-hour show, so I will post the second half the first Thursday in April. the basic info with the most relevant details are all packed into the first episode, but Jonathan and I went into greater depth in the second show, which may answer additional questions you may have about your particular circumstances. I feel so strongly about the benefits of Able Accounts after learning from Jonathan, and you will too.

Join me tonight, and live your best, most ingenious life!

Laura Legendary