Volume LIV October 2015 No. 4
Published by the American Council of the Blind
Be A Part of ACB
The American Council of the Blind (TM) is a membership organization made up of more than 70 state and special-interest affiliates. To join, contact the national office at 1-800-424-8666.
Contribute to Our Work
Those much-needed contributions, which are tax-deductible, can be sent to Attn: Treasurer, ACB, 6300 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Suite 195, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430. If you wish to remember a relative or friend, the national office has printed cards available for this purpose. Consider including a gift to ACB in your Last Will and Testament. If your wishes are complex, call the national office.
To make a contribution to ACB by the Combined Federal Campaign, use this number: 11155.
Check in with ACB
For the latest in legislative and governmental news, call the “Washington Connection” 24/7 at 1-800-424-8666, or read it online.
Listen to ACB Reports by downloading the MP3 file from www.acb.org, or call (605) 475-8154 and choose option 3. Tune in to ACB Radio at www.acbradio.org or by calling (605) 475-8130.
Learn more about us at www.acb.org. Follow us on Twitter at @acbnational, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AmericanCounciloftheBlindOfficial.
© 2015 American Council of the Blind
Melanie Brunson, Executive Director
Sharon Lovering, Editor
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 650, Arlington, VA 22201
Table of Contents
- President’s Report, Part II, by Kim Charlson
- Willing, Able, and Seeking Opportunity: ACB Video Highlights the Abilities of Blind Individuals, by Eric Bridges
- ACB Honors Melanie Brunson with Resolution 2015-04
- American Council of the Blind Seeks Executive Director
- It’s October – Time to Think about the Holiday Auction!, by Carla Ruschival
- It’s Minneapolis, Minn. for the 2016 Convention, by Janet Dickelman
- The 2015 ACB Scholarship Winners: Stars Shining Bright into the Future, by Michael Garrett
- ACB Stars Shine Bright in Dallas, Part II, by Tom Mitchell and Judy Wilkinson
- American Council of the Blind Announces Winners of the 2015 Audio Description Awards
- Walkin’ to Success, by Donna Brown
- Road to Dallas, by Sharon Howerton
- Banquet Lets the Stars Shine Bright, by Sharon Lovering
- Notice of Class Action Settlement for Customers of Lululemon
- Lynn Manning dies at 60; blind poet, athlete, Watts theater group founder, by Steve Chawkins
- Here and There, edited by Sharon Strzalkowski
- ACB Officers, Board of Directors and Board of Publications
- Accessing Your ACB Braille and E-Forums